ArenaNet (2015 – 2019)
Commerce Team (2018 – 2019)
Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire (PC, Credited)
- Worked under strict deadlines to ship new content every 2 weeks and met all target release dates on time.
- Collaborated with Commerce artists and Release Management to help create and ship over 100+ items through our MTX store.
- Designed and implemented several interactive MTX items which generated direct revenue for the game (and exceeded sale expectations).
- Co-designed an MTX item that featured an embedded progression system and required balancing compelling moment-to-moment gameplay loops with overall user retention goals.
- Successfully managed and organized the development depot for the entire Commerce team to ensure an uninterrupted rapid release schedule.
- Proposed and implemented new pipeline processes between art and design to increase cross-discipline workflow productivity.
Prototype Team (2016 – 2018)
- Served as the primary multiplayer stakeholder and designed a multiplayer framework that became a core pillar of the project.
- Worked under a rapid development pipeline to quickly build and iterate on various content and system prototypes that were on deadline, within scope, and dynamically scalable.
- Co-designed an innovative progression framework that focused on leveraging intrinsic motivators and character-based rewards to increase overall player engagement with progression systems.
- Collaborated with the engine team to determine developer tool specifications and helped inform the technical needs/priorities for our multiplayer networking infrastructure.
- Made regular concept, environment, & character/prop art requests and provided iterative feedback to both internal and external artists to bring assets to a game-ready state.
Competitive Team (2015 – 2016)
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (PC, Credited)
- Designed and implemented one of Guild Wars 2’s most popular competitive maps (“Revenge of the Capricorn”) from initial paper design to release.
- Co-designed Guild Wars 2’s “PvP Leagues” system and overall UI/UX flow, which brought a full progression system and competitive seasons to Ranked GW2 PvP.
- Made regular adjustments to PvP map layouts, rulesets, & player skills to improve competitive balance and maintain game mode retention.
M.F.A. Game Development (Concentration: Game Design)
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA – Graduated: 2015
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA - Graduated: 2010